One of Kelly’s good friends used to say “Where there is a Will there is a relative”. That friend contrived to die without a Will but that did not avoid the issue of relatives, they were still there.
Wills are no longer simple documents that are capable of being purchased from the stationers. Blended families and their competing interests make this once legal back water a draughtsman’s nightmare.
Wills require careful, considered drafting, exactly what Kelly and his team at Kelly Flavell Law are capable of delivering.
We can advise you on:
- Wills for a single person
- Wills for people in relationships
- Wills with life tenancies
- Wills with Trusts
- Inter Vivos Trust related Wills
- Insurance provisions for first and second families
- Family protection issues effecting Wills
- Relationship Property issues effecting Wills
Please call us on 09 535 2150 and we will mail or email you our Wills questionnaire. Alternatively you can call and make an appointment with one of our qualified team at Kelly Flavell Law.
If you have a Will or not and you die, you will inevitably have an Estate. Estate administration is something that is not greatly discussed in the wider community but of course is a day to day event for lawyers.
Depending on whether there is a Will or not, if you are single or in a relationship, whether you are the first of a partnership to die or the last, the size of your estate will determine how the estate administration must proceed.
On every occasion you will need advice from a lawyer which may or may not result in legal work being undertaken, or the level and degree of legal work to be undertaken may differ according to the circumstances of each case. This is because different placements of resources trigger different responses.
The team at Kelly Flavell Law will listen to you, carefully advise you on how you might proceed to administer the estate of a loved one.
Their advice will include:
- Where there is a Will – Application for Grant of Probate
- Where there is no Will – Application for Grant of Letters of Administration
- Transmission of land to the surviving partner
- Transfer of estate assets to beneficiaries in the estate
For more information on how we can assist you in what can be a difficult time, please call us at Kelly Flavell Law on 09 535 2150.